Thursday 22 January 2009

Lost and Found

On the 19th of January, I travelled to the hospital for my Therapy exam. I thank God I did quiet well in the exam and was very happy with the results. However, upon returning home, I realized I had lost my wallet while I was in the hospital! So I quickly returned to the hospital to look for it. I asked the security guards around and my friends but my wallet was no where to be seen. I prayed that time, but nothing seemed to change.

I returned home depressed and worried as my walled contained my Insurance Card, ATM Cards, Student Card, etc. I was quite worried that someone might withdraw my money using my ATM cards, as I’ve saved money for the Summer mission trip and to buy a PDA phone for my future work in hospital. So I quickly called my parents to block the card. But the whole day I just could not get over the fact that my wallet was lost. This was my last semester here in Moscow and it was going to a big hassle to get all the documents again.

That night, I attended our daily Malaysian Fellowship prayer meeting at my hostel (Spartivnaya Hostel). Before I led the prayer meeting, I shared with the group about how God was faithful to bring me through my exam but I also shared the bad news on how my wallet was lost. I thank God for the fellowship guys who encouraged me to pray together and ask God to help me get back my wallet. As first I was skeptical, as this seemed quiet impossible, especially in Russia, plus how was I supposed to pray over spilled milk. That was what i taught. But the Holy Spirit tugged my heart and so we believed and prayed for a miracle.

The next day at about 4 in the evening, I received a phone call from the deans office informing me that someone working in the hospital had found my walled and wanted to return it to me! I rushed to the hospital and collected my wallet and everything was intact, nothing was lost. I was lost for words and in great awe and joy filled my heart.
God had answered my prayer.

Friends, I just want to encourage you to never underestimate the power of prayer. At times we may feel faithless, but God is always faithfull! When we seek Him, we’ll definitely find Him. I want to give God all the Glory, Honour and Praise. Thank you Jesus!

No comments: